What is Connections Western Sydney Helpline?
Connections Western Sydney Helpline is a low intensity psychological counselling service which provides telephone counselling support to people in the Western Sydney region, 24-hours a day, seven days a week. Connections Western Sydney Helpline is supported by the Western Sydney Primary Health Network, and delivered by On the Line.
On the Line is a social health business with over 60 years’ experience supporting and counselling people, anywhere and anytime. Our professionally trained counsellors listen and encourage people to feel better by building resilience, fostering healthy relationships, and connecting people with community support. On the Line is a national provider of some of Australia’s most vital and trusted counselling services including Suicide Call Back Service, and MensLine Australia.
Who is the Connections Western Sydney Helpline for?
Connections Western Sydney Helpline provides 24/7 counselling services to people who are:
- at risk, or have experienced symptoms of distress or mild symptoms of mental ill health (i.e. anxiety or depression) for less than 12 months
- exiting (step down) a moderate to high intensity mental health service who need a brief psychological intervention which is decreased from that they were receiving
- living or working in the Western Sydney area including Paramatta.
The Service Model
Connections Western Sydney Helpline counsellors provide counselling services across three main service functions:
- Intake, Assessment and Support: available 24/7, accessed by telephone.
- Counselling and Support: providing people with up to three short-term counselling sessions.
- Post-vention Support: following-up with callers at six weeks post-vention, to assess if their needs have been met or if service re-entry is required.
Working within a social model of health, all clients will be provided the highest quality of support to meet their whole of life issues, concerns and worries.
Order Free Connections Western Sydney Helpline Promotional Materials
We apologise for this inconvenience, but due to restrictions imposed by COVID-19, we are temporarily unable to fulfill physical orders for collateral. Please download and print any materials needed urgently.